When we visited South Africa last year, one of Oliver and Louisa’s favourite experiences was meeting monkeys. At World of Birds Sanctuary and Monkey Park in Hout Bay, on the Cape Penninsula, they met sweet little Squirrel Monkeys. They loved being face to face with these gorgeous and cheeky little monkeys.
Given how much Oliver and Louisa both love animals, they were really looking forward to our last major activity of this Hawaiin trip: swimming with dolphins. And it didn’t disappoint!
Age: 5 and older (each child 5-9 must be accompanied by a paying adult)
Price: $310 per person (plus tax)
Duration: 1 hour (35 minutes with dolphins)
Spend quality time with your new dolphin friends in this premium Dolphin Adventure that features maximum togetherness and fun. You’ll love this intimate dolphin swim full of your favorite dolphin touch, feed, play and training activities.
- Come on in! The water’s fine for an unforgettably fun peak life experience meeting and mingling with our incredible dolphins in their ocean lagoon environment
- You’ll have dolphins at your fingertips as trainers introduce you to our dolphins in shallow water ‘get to know you’ sessions
- Dive in and go for a swim – with dolphins alongside and underwater below you. Pull on your snorkel mask for fantastic underwater views!
- Get to know our dolphins’ individual personalities, unique behaviors and splashy playfulness
- No two Dolphin Adventure are exactly alike – our expert trainers and dolphins will personalize your up-close dolphin rendezvous
- You will interact with dolphins in a small, intimate group of no more than 6 people and your trainer
- Take home your big smile moments in picture perfect photos of you and your dolphin pals, available for purchase
After donning life jackets, Peter, Oliver and Louisa joined their trainer who started with some important facts about dolphins, what they eat, how they communicate and how to train them. They learned that the dolphins at Dolphin Quest were born in captivity and have close connections with their trainers, who certainly seemed extremely attached to and caring of the dolphins.
Then they jumped into the water to meet the dolphins and have some fun. The photos below speak for themselves!
Oliver said that his two favourite things from this trip have been: surfing and the dolphins. Louisa said: horseriding and the dolphins. So our Dolphin Adventure certainly was worth the time and money and a perfect end to our Hawaiian adventure!